Why Stilling Your Mind Isn’t Working For You
by Nicole Frolick,
Guest writer, In5D.com
I’m about to challenge an ancient belief…the belief that the goal of meditation is to still your mind. I believe that this old belief worked for a reason during its time, but I’m going to explain why I think it’s stale and outdated for our current time during this shift into 5th dimensional consciousness. And why it may not be working for you in your meditations.
The Goldilocks Method
I’ve practiced many forms of meditation. We’re all unique individuals and so there’ll never be one RIGHT way to meditate for everyone. The best advice I can offer is to try methods that resonate with you instantly from either reading or hearing about them. Then do it. You’ll know if it feels right for you. You may have an instant breakthrough of insight. Or it feels effortless for you to practice. These are good signs that you are energetically aligned with that form of meditation.
However, if you’re someone who struggles with meditation because you can’t keep your mind still, then I have some good news for you. It may not be you. It might be the practice you are using to meditate. It’s not aligning with how your energy wants to move.
Energy Likes To Move
The Universe loves speed. When things are aligning in your life, there is lightning speed movement in the form of manifestation. Everything feels light and easy. When things aren’t aligning, you will notice road block after road block. Everything feels like a struggle and the movement feels like molasses.
Stilling the mind is slowing energy down. This isn’t a bad thing. Being in stillness is a beautiful place to be. Sometimes we need to rest, reflect, and recover. But what if it’s not the only way for your spiritual journey? What if it isn’t aligning with the current energies coming into our planet at this time? Would it not then be slowing your progress down because the energies aren’t aligned? It would make sense then why you’d be struggling in your meditation practice.
Energy likes to move. It doesn’t want to stay still. It’s called stagnation. Growth happens when energies are moving. Expansion happens when energies are exploring. So why not apply this into your meditation practice?
Imagination Is A Source Of Creation
My favorite form of meditation is what I call Free Flow Imagination. It’s a form of meditation that encourages you to follow the movement of your mind. As I discussed in a previous article, Imagination Is 5D Thinking. Imagination is not bound by time, space or rules. Imagination is an expression of our limitlessness and is 5th dimensional thought form. It encourages exploration and movement of the mind.
We know that our minds are the creators of our world. What we perceive becomes our reality. Stilling your mind can limit your mind’s ability to expand. Imagination encourages you to create from your limitless self. And if you’re expanding your consciousness then practicing from a place of limitlessness is a great place to start.
The other reason why using your imagination is in alignment with universal energies is simple. It’s FUN! I am constantly perplexed why so many people believe that the spiritual journey must be serious and strive to make it so. Yes, there is a time and place for such things, but not every time. Certainly, when you’re having fun you notice that time goes by so quickly. When things are boring or not as stimulating, time creeps by ever so slowly. Life isn’t meant to be boring…so your meditation practice shouldn’t be either. It’s another avenue for true expression of yourself, so naturally if you’re someone who likes to have fun and tune into your child-like spirit (even as an adult) then this may be the meditation practice for you. Remember having fun is an expression of your joy and joy is a very high frequency energy.
FREE FLOW IMAGINATION
The technique I am sharing with you is really your inherent ability. If you can imagine it, it exists. Somewhere out there in the vastness of the universe, it exists. Once you let go of your 3rd dimensional beliefs of reality only existing within what you see, hear, and touch on this plane, then you begin to open yourself up to exploring your multi-dimensional self of 5D and beyond.
You also do NOT have to be a seasoned meditator to use this form of meditation. In fact, I’ve held group meditations with people who are complete newbies to meditation. While using this form for the first time they had MAJOR breakthroughs of insight, visions and messages from their higher self. To witness the expansion of people’s abilities beyond what they believed they were capable of is inspirational. We’re all capable of so much more than we allow ourselves to believe.
Using Free Flow Imagination you must be prepared to drop all judgments of what you will be shown in your mind. Judgments will only cut you off from the 5D energy of imagination. Instead, allow yourself to follow the visions of your imagination and enjoy the exploration. Have fun. Allow yourself to be immersed in the wonderment of your imagination the way you used to as a child.
- Find a quiet place to sit where you won’t be distracted. Ground your energy by taking some deep breaths until you feel more centered and relaxed.
- I often use music to assist my energy into a higher frequency. You don’t need to use music but I often find this helps.
- Ask to be surrounded in white light. When you begin to open your energy up it’s important to bring in your protection whether you believe in needing it or not.
- Then let go of what you think you should see. Allow the visions to be shown to you. The first thing you see, follow it. Let the story unfold. It may play out like a movie in your mind. It may feel like a dream. Explore. Have fun. Enjoy the expansion beyond the limited idea of reality into the limitless space of your imagination.
- Observe without any judgment. Judging what you see or feel will kill your flow. Doubt has a way of interfering with all of our successes including in our meditation. Don’t let the ego come in and tell you what’s what. The ego will always try to keep your thoughts contracted. It’s easier to control you when you’re thoughts are smaller and limited. This is about expansion so the ego will do everything to get in your way. Explore openly and judge later if you really can’t let go of the judgment.
- Pay attention to any sensations, sounds, and visuals that arise. If you find yourself questioning a vision that seems to be ‘way out there’ in the realm of possibility…follow it. Let it play out and show you what could be. This is a place where there are no boundaries. There are no limits. So don’t feel the need to put any in place.
- Once you’re done, document everything you’ve seen, heard, or felt. Then research it if you don’t know what it means. If certain animals, flowers, plants, colors, numbers, etc came to you, research their spiritual meaning. There are messages in everything that is being communicated to you.
I’ve had visions where I’m watching myself explore crystal caves deep below the earth and as I am “witnessing” myself I’ve seen my entire face and body shift and transform into a completely different person (like that Michael Jackson video). Yes, this can seem outrageously weird, but it’s also incredibly powerful because you may be shown a past life embodiment.
This is what happens when you drop all of your limits of reality and allow your multi-dimensional self to come forward through the exploration of your imagination.
Now is the time to explore past all of our beliefs of ‘what is’ so that we can discover what ‘could be’. This is why I feel that stilling the mind in meditation may be outdated for where we currently are at this time on the planet.
We’re being told that the energies coming into Earth NOW have never been seen here before…even during the highest times of spiritual development that occurred at the time of Atlantis. If this is so, perhaps it’s time to shift our ideas of what meditation should be to match the current energies. When things are this intense, we should encourage ourselves to play and have fun. So let your imagination run wild. Since imagination is 5D thought, it will naturally raise your vibrational frequency. Bring it into your meditation practice. And explore all the possibilities as you help to co-create the world of 5D that our collective consciousness is moving into.
About the author: Nicole Frolick is an inspirational speaker and the author of Inflexible Me: Expanding Past the Inflexible Barriers of the Body, Mind, and Soul. She has an unconventional spiritual podcast, Enlighten Up, available in iTunes. Utilizing her Four Fundamentals of Flexibility, Nicole shares with her audiences the importance of flexibility in accessing the greatest potential of individuals and companies. She coaches those who desires to live life on their terms after hitting a ceiling on their perceived potential and wanting to break through it. If you’re looking to expand past your own blocks, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. To learn more please visit http://inflexibleme.com/